Cinder vc2015_winrt build fail

Hi, I forked cinder from GitHub, using GitHub desktop client, the clone failed several times, and succeeded in the last, however, I find files under the \include\boost totally missing, after I manually copy the files in, the vc2013 project build succeed.

two problems still remain:
first, the universal solution does not build, here’s the error log:
1>…\src\cinder\Text.cpp(719): error C2664: ‘void cinder::Line::render(cinder::Channel &,float,float,float)’: cannot convert argument 1 from ‘cinder::Surface’ to ‘cinder::Channel &’

second, how to build the android lib, the readme says " coming soon " for windows host, does that mean there’s no way to build the android lib on windows host?

Hi,

if the clone fails a few times, it’s probably a network related error (e.g. the GitHub server might be busy, or your connection drops).

After cloning it, don’t forget to update the submodules:

git clone GitHub - cinder/Cinder: Cinder is a community-developed, free and open source library for professional-quality creative coding in C++. cinder
cd cinder
git submodule update --init --recursive

I am afraid I can’t answer your other questions, but I’m sure someone else can.

-Paul

how to build the android lib, the readme says " coming soon " for windows host, does that mean there’s no way to build the android lib on windows host?

I think currently to build for android you need to use either OS X or linux (Ubuntu is the most widely tested).

thanks paul, that is definitely a submodule.

thanks rich, I think I have to set up an Ubuntu environment. Just hope someone make it available on windows sooner, vc2015 or msys/Cygwin way is better for me :slight_smile: