FLOAT, a San Francisco-based digital agency with a strong pedigree in games, visual effects, and experience design, is looking for outstanding software engineers and developers who have a passion for design and a “build to think” mentality. Founded in 2009, FLOAT is adept and experienced at creating UX and design solutions for emerging platforms. With unique combinations of technologies we create compelling experiences for mobile devices, large multi screen layouts, AR and VR headsets, and game consoles. Working at FLOAT often means creating new experiences for high profile clients that push the limits of technology.
The ideal candidate loves to work in teams yet is an independent self-starter; is a perfectionist at heart but also subscribes to the rapid prototyping methodology; a person who deeply understands the “big picture” yet has the capability to handle the smallest technical detail. We are looking for developers to help support a range of client and entrepreneurial projects.
Candidates will join our fast paced, build-first prototyping team. You will join a multi-disciplinary, technology agnostic team of engineers, developers and designers who are focused on providing FLOAT project teams with leading edge technology and development expertise. In this position, you will work in groups with both designers and developers to bring a variety of concepts and products to life from mobile to web apps and hardware/software prototypes.
- 7+ years of development experience utilizing the skills listed below.
- Fluent in at least one compiled language, preferably C++.
- Demonstrable experience with at least one creative coding framework: Cinder,
openFrameworks, Processing, etc.
- Facility using live data from sensors that detect presence and movement
- Familiarity with computer vision techniques. In particular, facial feature tracking and detection, image processing, video processing.
- Some proficiency with HTML stack with knowledge of its strengths and weaknesses.
- Knowledge of communication protocols: TCP/IP, websockets, etc.
- Ability to create quick software prototypes to test usability and feasibility and allow for rapid evolution of ideas.
- Ability to transform design specifications and visual assets into functional user interfaces.
- Excellent work ethic and professional demeanor.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Design, Digital Art, or similar field; or equivalent work experience
- Professional experience working for a design agency or similar a big plus
ADDITIONAL SKILLS DESIRED
- Experience with Unity or UnrealExperience with OpenGL, WebGL, shader languages
- Experience with node.js
- Experience developing for mobile devices (iOS, Android)
This is a non-remote, full time, contract-to-hire position for candidates residing in the San Francisco Bay Area. Individual candidates only, please no agencies or sales for agencies.
Please submit resume and relevant background information to firstname.lastname@example.org