The original post can be found here :
Some info on your setup would be greatly appreciated! Most probably boost is already installed in your system ? If so could you share which version exactly and which components ? Also an
ldd output of your binary result would also be nice to have.
Cinder is known to run well on 16.04 *Ubuntu variants so most probably, as you already mention, there is some mismatch happening with the linking of boost that causes things to go south.
I noticed that you discovered the
CINDER_BOOST_USE_SYSTEM which is exactly there for the fact that you also mention on your post( e.g pain with precompiled libs and Linux ) and should work in theory ( at least it worked last time I tested it but its been a while ) . In case that you changed this var after your initial build I would suggest to start clean – I noticed also that you are trying in-source builds so here is what I would suggest as first steps toward debugging the issue :
- Remove all build artifacts that you have already with a hard
- Perform and out-of-source build of Cinder and samples :
cd /Your/Cinder/Dir && mkdir build && cd build && cmake .. -DCINDER_BOOST_USE_SYSTEM && make -j4
cd /Your/Cinder/Dir/samples/BasicApp/proj/cmake && mkdir build && cd build && cmake .. && make
It might be also helpful to have the output of CMake during the configuration step.
cibuilder script and way of building Cinder is obsolete and it will be completely removed in the next days…
Lets us know how it goes!