Does Cinder save Cmake platform definitions to be used in blocks?

Hi, I’m making a Cinder block on top of libnfc for NFC applications. I want to make it cross-platform using libcinder’s Cmake ecosystem. The block needs to link to the static libnfc.a file which is located on a path dependent to the platform and architecture of Cinder. For instance right now I do this in my Cinder-libnfcConfig.cmake file to link to the lib:

target_link_libraries( Cinder-libnfc PUBLIC "${LIBNFC_PATH}/lib/libnfc/lib/linux/x86_64/libnfc.a" )

I’d like to make this in a way that Cmake automagically detects the right path based on the platform configurations. To get the platform, right now I use if() checks for CINDER_LINUX, CINDER_MSW and so on. I thought maybe Cinder saves this in a string when it’s built and instead of doing the checks again I can just use that string. Is there such thing? How about the architecture configs?

1 Like

Hey,

Cinder’s configure.cmake sets all necessary variables that you would need to achieve what you want and should all be available already inside your Cinder-libnfcConfig.cmake after the following check:

if( NOT TARGET cinder )
            include( "${CINDER_PATH}/proj/cmake/configure.cmake" )
            find_package( cinder REQUIRED PATHS
                "${CINDER_PATH}/${CINDER_LIB_DIRECTORY}"
                "$ENV{CINDER_PATH}/${CINDER_LIB_DIRECTORY}" )
    endif()
    # Variables set inside configure.cmake should be in scope from here on

HTH,
Petros

Hey Petros,
Thanks for taking a look into this!

Indeed it was all available after that check as you noted. CINDER_TARGET_LOWER and CINDER_ARCH came to the rescue. So now, thanks to your tip, without any extra checks I just write this:

target_link_libraries( Cinder-libnfc PUBLIC "${LIBNFC_PATH}/lib/libnfc/lib/${CINDER_TARGET_LOWER}/${CINDER_ARCH}/libnfc.a" )