Problem building Cinder with CLion

Hello,

This may sound like a stupid question. I am new to cinder using git clone. I’m trying to build cinder with CLion by following this guide: https://github.com/cinder/Cinder/wiki/Cinder-CMake-Documentation#running-a-cinder-sample-directly-from-cinders-main-project

I have tried to build the samples with CLion but with little to no success. The OpenGL samples works but for some odd reason, a few other projects are struggling to build. I get many errors like “Earth.h” file not found even though it is included in the folder for the specified sample. I have explicitly tried to include with the full path directory directly in the .cpp file but with no success.

Any help is highly appreciated!

Thank you,

Nowarez

Hey there,

I think you’re referring to the Earthquake sample above, and it’s CMakeLists.txt doesn’t look to be up to date. I’ve started to list samples that we know won’t yet build with cmake here, please feel free to comment there (or here on the forum) if you find others. I don’t think we’ll get to all of them before the next release (particularly those requiring Cairo), but many such as Earthquake should be easy to get running.

Please give some other samples a try and let us know what you find. I know that Geometry and FallingGears samples are up to date, those would be a good place to start.