Distributing OSX Mojave Apps with Assets

My Cinder app runs fine on the computer on which it was built and on any computer if I run from terminal (Show Package Contents-> Contents/MacOS/ExecutableName). If double-clicked as a normal app, it fails to load an XML config file from the Assets folder.

So, this must be an OSX/Mojave security issue as I also did not have this issue under OSX 10.12 and previous with Cinder. I am Code Signing my app with my Mac Developer license, but I notice the first time I’m prompted to launch the app on another computer there is a Yellow exclamation icon and it says this app is from unidentified developer… etc. So, the code signing is not working… is this because I need to code sign all libraries Cinder uses? Has anyone found a solution for distributing Cinder apps on Mojave?

Did you find a solution to this problem? I am having exactly the same issue on Mojave, not on Catalina though.

Thanks.

I havent come across this issue yet but just distributed an app to a client and didnt notice these issues, in general some things I might look at would be:

• Try using cinder resources instead (these are generally set up to be copied into the bundle).
  • Drag and drop your assets folder into the xcode resources folder and tick ‘target membership’ for your app in the inspector.
  • Check the Build Phases > Copy Bundle Resources to make sure your assets are being brought into the bundle.

I’m not sure what combination of these might work (or not) as I dont use xcode enough day to day to be an expert but those are things that I remember needing to check if a build cant find relative resources etc.

Hope that helps.