Recent works with Cinder

Hello there,

I wanted to share a few projects we’ve been working on:

1. YourStory - an AI assisted AR experience

project page download link
The app uses ML models to recognise and isolate objects, and reassign them with an imaginative context. The ML handling code is similar to this repo I’ve shared before (a custom version of Yolact).

1. Galaxy Orchestra
    icon

Was commissioned to create this immersive projection mapping project that converts space photography with interactions. It uses lidar for interaction tracking and synced graphics across multiple machines.

project page

1. Phase

Phase is an interactive installation that visualises Wolfram Physics equations into generative graphics. The visuals are rear-projected onto a tined sandblast glass and received signals from a bespoke device.

project page

5 Likes

Loved the Galaxy Orchestra, really wish I could stand in that room! The projection mapping came out quite nice, what did you use?

cheers,
Rich

Hey @rich.e, thanks for the comment!

My agency had a production company handles the mapping and hardware setups so I wasn’t involved with the detail - but I think they had video splitters / capture cards to arrange the visuals (rendered from 3 PCs) to 18 projectors. I had a server that sends out rendering signals along with positions of visitors so the renderings are perfectly aligned.

• seph