[Resolved] Application crash when resizing windows using mouse

Epiloge

This goddamn DLL is also responsible for freezing/hanging the application if a window is opened on the non-main screen (as designated by Windows). I.e. if you have 2 or more screens, and spawn a window on the non-main screen, the Cinder application will simply freeze/hang and never respond again.

Yeah man, it’s a real problem

I got really tired of actively disabling the Nahimic Service, and found this video about how to disable the it permanently:

Thought perhaps other people could benefit from this too…

I got bit in the ass by this issue again this Christmas, so I’m just pulling it up to express my appreciation for being pointed in the right direction again @lithium :heartpulse:

I recently spent 3 days diagnosing a crash in my client’s multi-window application and it also turned out to be caused by Nahimic. We should sue them for damages.

Out of morbid curiosity @paul.houx , how did you diagnose it was Nahimic’s garbage? I.e. was there a method that you rely on to point you in the direction of troublesome external exe’s/dll’s, or did you just have a hunch, killed the Nahimic processes, and the problem went away…?

Hi,

I quickly noticed the call to ::SwapBuffers() crashed, but after 2 days of debugging there was no more hair left on my head to pull out, so I started to search the internet for clues. I came across a post mentioning Nahimic (not this one, sadly) and found it was installed on the client’s system. Disabling it using the Services manager wasn’t too hard and it fixed my problem.

~Paul