Local Projects is looking for a Senior Creative Technologist.
We are an Experience Design Studio producing a wide variety of interactive installations for museums, corporations, and public spaces. Candidates should have demonstrated experience coding and deploying large-scale, long-term, interactive installations. We are looking for candidates who are proficient technically, but also have an eye for motion design and aesthetics.
- Proficient in realtime C/C++. Performance matters to us.
- Extensive experience in OpenGL.
- Rapid Prototyping; we prototype a lot and you need to be fast at it. Know when to invest in code quality and when not to.
- Decent Software Architecture skills, no spaghetti code please.
- Experience living in large code bases - we often have several developers work on a project simultaneously.
- Computer Vision experience, you’ve used OpenCV before.
- Git, git-flow, submodules.
- Computer Science background, or 6+ years of experience in the field. You know how to find and fix obscure bugs, even if they are not yours.
- Proactive problem-solving attitude. Everything is hard until you solve it, so we need you to keep trying.
- Good communication skills, and ability to be a team player.
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop, In-Design, etc; you must be able to handle designer assets.
- Experience in OpenFrameworks / Cinder or similar.
- Objective-C / Swift / iOS.
- Xcode & Visual Studio experience.
- Some Web development skills (HTML / CSS / JS, etc).
Bonus Points Skills:
- Hardware Prototyping, microcontrollers, sensors, PCB design, etc.
- AI / Machine Learnings.
- Unity and/or Unreal Engine.
- Sound Design skills.
- Android / Kotlin.
You should be in the NYC area or be willing to relocate.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.