paulhoux/Cinder-Warping

Since this question is addressed for Paul, I would like to say thanks for his support, I learned a lot from his answers on forum. So, I found this addon, and this is exactly what I was looking for. The question is why the picture goes to the dark in right down corner? This effect appears in my own picture and in the example as well. I’m using mac os x

Hi there,

thanks for your kind words! I really should update my blocks and samples, haven’t looked at them in a while. And even though the “license” states that the software comes without support, it’s beneath me to leave any known bugs in there.

What you see may be (and probably is) caused by the edge blending functionality of the warp shader. It has been added relatively recently and probably hasn’t been tested much. See if a call to

mWarp.setEdges( 0, 0, 0, 0 );

will fix things. The default value for Warp::mEdges should actually be ( 0, 0, 1, 1 ), which is what the above call will result in, but it’s probably set to ( 0, 0, 0, 0 ) which leads to the incorrect behavior.

I will create a fix for this tomorrow.

-Paul

Should be fixed in this commit.

1 Like

Wow! Thanks again. Works great!!! :grinning:

Is there any built function to move the edges to other place? Like make a square in the middle of the screen on setup when application builds
Thanks