Setting up Cinder on VS 2019 correctly

Hello, I recently downloaded Cinder and am having trouble setting it up. I am using VS 2019 and downloaded Cinder v0.9.3dev.

I opened the CubeMapping example and ran into some errors. Because I downloaded it from GitHub, I compiled the source just fine. Release and Debug x64. I opened the example and set it to Release x64 and linked the directories to cinder.lib (just compiled), libEGL.lib, libGLESv2.lib, and libpng.lib.

VS gave me a 2001 error for a hundred or so like these:

Error	LNK2001	unresolved external symbol __imp_DragQueryFileA	CubeMapping	C:\Developer\Cinder\samples\_opengl\CubeMapping\vc2019\cinder.lib(AppImplMsw.obj)	1	
Error	LNK2001	unresolved external symbol __imp_DragQueryFileW	CubeMapping	C:\Developer\Cinder\samples\_opengl\CubeMapping\vc2019\cinder.lib(AppImplMsw.obj)	1	
Error	LNK2001	unresolved external symbol __imp_DragQueryPoint	CubeMapping	C:\Developer\Cinder\samples\_opengl\CubeMapping\vc2019\cinder.lib(AppImplMsw.obj)	1	
Error	LNK2001	unresolved external symbol __imp_DragFinish	CubeMapping	C:\Developer\Cinder\samples\_opengl\CubeMapping\vc2019\cinder.lib(AppImplMsw.obj)	1	

(Just a small snippet)

If anyone has some advice with linking or setting this up with VS 2019, help would be appreciated.

DragQueryFileA and friends is in Shell32.lib I believe

I’ll try that. In the mean time, I ran a different example which ran just fine.

I suspect the first example you tried to run made use of cinder’s App::fileDrop API and the second one didn’t.